Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Not doing too good with this Bloggin' Thing

Why in the world did I think I would have time to blog?  Why? WHy? WHY? - I thought some folks blogs looked so cool and it had to be easy - well... little did I know that I can't figure it out to save my life --- so I just stopped.

But I read a really great blog today and decided maybe, just maybe (doubtful but maybe) someone out there might learn one thing from my blog - regardless what it is surely God has me here for a reason (one which I haven't figured out yet) ... what if it was to write a blog so.....

Our family made it through our first winter as "LOCALS" at the beach.  Boy did I love it!  So much so that I got waders to continue my new found love for Seashelling!

Hannah holding Kricket, Me in my Waders with my bucket and Mattie Alan holding Nemo

So .... seashelling --- Oh we took our first college visit to a place I promise I never thought we would be - but since Hannah is such a BRAINIAC we had to go to Tallahassee for the Latin Club Regional (where she won a bunch of ribbons! AND we just got her GOLD Medal for the National Latin Club Etymology Exam - don't ask cause I sure as heck don't know Latin --- you see it is ALL Latin to me!) ... so I guess the Tallahassee part gave it away - of course I had to get my pic made in the Stadium and of course a pic of Bobby Bowden Field cause he is AMAZING!



So Hannah likes FSU and I did too -- not sure I can see her going there, but it sure is close.  For all of you folks out there that think she is going to Auburn ... well you have another thing coming ... although my heart would be SO HAPPY - I don't see that happening.  You see, Hannah isn't like her Mom where the world revolves around Auburn, Auburn and Auburn Football - she really could care less about football.  She will get in wherever she tries (you should see her 10th grade ACT scores).  Can you tell I am proud?

Well, in the meantime I have started working as a Travel Agent with Travels By Donna - I love Donna Comer - she is amazing and this travel agent job although frustrating at times is really cool!  NO it isn't cheaper to get on Kayak, Priceline, or book a cruise on-line AND NO in most cases VRBO isn't cheaper and you really have NO WAY to change things if you don't use a travel agent.  I'll leave it at that.  I also have a few other things I am working on ... I will keep everyone posted on that too.

I am going to skip a bunch of stuff and go right to some the sad --- I lost someone that was very near and dear to me - my dear friend from grade school on up and maid of honor in my wedding, Kari Swann Davidson passed away after a long battle with brain cancer.  Words can't even describe what this was like - but one thing is I am so glad I made that long trip to see her about 6 weeks before she died.  We were able to laugh and cry and it even snowed in Gadsden, AL --- WOW --- I just don't think it is fair for a beautiful, loving amazing mom, teacher and dear friend to die at 44 years old.  But she was so strong and she is in heaven I know for sure!  Read this and you will know how amazing she was - I love and miss you Kari!


Kari Brooke Swann Davidson (1968-2013)

Mattie Alan is continuing to grow up way too fast - she is making straight A's and loves the Iphone she got for her Birthday - LOVELY - how my life has changed since thank you Instagram!  What I have enjoyed are the visits from her besties in Columbus - Abby and Hannah J --- they crack me up!  Mattie Alan is learning how to play the keyboard and is singing lead in her band!  And she is amazing!  Typically 12 going on 25 - More on her later...
Playing a little Gin 

Hannah and I have joined the Gulf Coast Seashell Club!  Holy cow I had no idea how amazing these little critters are that make these beautiful shells.  I didn't expect to like going to a Seashell Club and I didn't think the girls would either, but Hannah digs it (no pun on diggers) cause of the Latin and well --- they are just cool.  More on this later too!

Gameday For Heroes is going strong - the website upgrade has had a little (well big) setback ... but hopefully we can get things on track.  With me working again I will have to learn how to let volunteers actually help.  Something I have a hard time doing --- letting go.  I will write a whole different blog on Gameday!  Some really cool stuff has been going on!

Since I had no idea that I was going to blog - that would be the ADD setting in ... I better get back to what I was actually working on --- so I'll continue to Carry on in Carillon and we will see what adventures I can share ... just wait til you hear about the dumpster diving ... I'll save that to leave ya hangin'!

Night Night to those that aren't vampires --- well I'm not either, but can't seem to sleep ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment