Monday, November 26, 2012

It has been a while since I have had time to breathe - can you imagine that ... living in para - para - Paradise (Coldplay, of course) but Gameday For Heroes has taken up a bit of time - actually a lot of time.  This is a good thing.  At least I get to sit out on the patio talking to donors, getting our military tickets to go see their favorite college teams play ... 

Since football has always consumed most of our weekends in the fall since we graduated from college (gosh was that 22 years ago...) I have only spent a weekend or two at the beach.  Now anyone that knows me knows I don't miss an Auburn game - luckily we had a lot of away games and quite a few early games ... having kids especially ones that decide to grow up on you and have schedules that don't always seem to coincide with me attending games now that we are 4 hours away I have gotten to enjoy the beach more in the fall.

I don't think I ever knew what I was missing ... WOW - I have decided that for sure this is my favorite time of year...I still can sit on the beach, but what is so amazing is the water - the beautiful colors - the sunsets - UNBELIEVABLE!  I have gotten into the habit of taking sunset pictures every evening ... I don't get tired of it although I have a friend that says ... "they'll be a thousand more like it" ... no way - everyday they take my breath away - so you will see a lot of sunsets - I don't get up early enough for sunrise - granted I'm sure they are beautiful ... but for now I will stick to sunsets - I need the beauty sleep!


I got to see the Carillon ladies put up the Christmas decorations when I was taking Kricket and Nemo for a walk - they have really made this place festive - getting me all ready to start thinking about Christmas well before I like too.  But the wreaths on the beach walkovers - LOVE LOVE LOVE!  The beautiful tree by the Carillon Bell ... I need to get a picture of that.



But what has been my most favorite is hunting for shells in the beautiful water.  It has gotten colder here than I expected this early, but that hasn't stopped me from being Sally the Seashell queen.  I have buckets and buckets.  I have spent hours cleaning and drying shells.  I guess I will have to get crafty ... isn't this amazing?  So now I will be starting a new hobby ... Look at all of these shells right out my back door!!!
Things are slowing down here now which is nice  - not many people so it is time for enjoying the beach and getting ready for the holidays...I'll keep Carry'n On in Carillon for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment